OK, I am one lucky guy, and believe me I’m grateful for all the good fortune that comes my way. I have a lovely and supportive wife, lots of terrific friends, and plenty of sweet guitars. But my feeling of of good luck really overflows when I get a chance to go on tour with the ever amazing Mr. Ledward Kaapana. I get a chance to share my love of Hawaiian music with friends around Northern California and I get one of the best seats in the house for Ledward’s performances. I hope we’re playing somewhere that’s convenient for you and that you’ll join us for some good old slack key style.
- Friday, June 27 – Throckmorton Theater, Mill Valley – 8 PM
- Saturday, June 28 – Mildred Owen Concert Hall (former Sanchez Hall), Pacifica – 7:30 PM
- Sunday, June 29 – Benefit-One World Children’s Fund, Unity Church, Palo Alto – 4 PM
- Wednesday, July 2 – Don Quixote’s Internations Music Hall, Felton – 7:30 PM
- Sunday, July 6 – McNear’s Mystic Theatre, Petaluma – 7:30 PM
- Wednesday, July 9 – Armando’s, Martinez – 8 PM
- Thursday, July 10 – Palms Playhouse, Winters – 8 PM
- Friday, July 11 – World Fest, Grass Valley – 11:30 AM & 3 PM
We’ll have an extra special guest with us at the Mystic Theatre in Petaluma, the charming and talented Faith Ako and her trio will add their talents to the bill.
In addition to these shows Ledward will hold a workshop at the legendary Gryphon Strings in Palo Alto on Saturday, July 5 at 11 AM and I’ll tag along to help in any way I can. This is a great opportunity for folks looking to learn slack key from a master, taught in the old Hawaiian way.
This entry was posted on Sunday, June 8th, 2014 at 10:10 pm and is filed under News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.